I am all about silver linings and I have two for this bout of ick.
1) I hate being sick but love sick days. And I'm taking one right now. After filling up my entire work trash can with tissues (so gross) and seeing the doctor, I decided it was time to take one full day of rest. So here I am, in my quiet house. Resting. And hopefully healing. (Antibiotics, werk!)
2) This sick day has given me time to update the blog with all of the indoor fun we've been having.
So without further ado, I give you shaving paint.
Here's what you do:
1. Gather materials. You'll need:
- Shaving cream
- 2 colors of paint
- A large zip top bag
- Masking tape
- Postage tape
2. Squirt two different colors of paint into the corners of the bag, one color on each side.
3. Squirt the shaving cream into the bag.
4. Seal the bag.
5. Tape the top for an extra secure close - I used masking tape followed by postage tape but duct tape would work too.
6. Let your kids go to town.
This activity allows kids to experiment with color mixing and completely eliminates the risk of getting paint everywhere. No mess, no problem.
This is what we started with. One bag for each kid.
And this is what they did with them.
And then they really started to have fun.
As you can see, this activity yielded tons of giggles and close to an hour of play time. Both kids loved it! It's not always easy to come up with things that Wells loves at 20 months and Elia loves at 3 1/2 but this one was a complete winner. I'll definitely be pulling it out again.
Oh, and our final products.
The colors didn't mix completely but the shaving cream creates a marbled effect and you could definitely see the mixing in person. Elia's is in the middle and her colors actually mixed quite well.
I hope you try this fun activity and enjoy it as much as we did! Be sure to check out my first post in the Indoor Play series, Sticker Tracing, too.