11.12.2012

eighteen

Today I am 18 weeks pregnant.  18! That's just two weeks shy of halfway through with my pregnancy.  I can't say that it has gone quickly but that's not a bad thing.  I don't want my pregnancy to fly by, I want to enjoy it.

I may have said this before but I always thought that I would like being pregnant.  So far, that has held true.  I've been lucky to have avoided morning sickness, by and large.  I have no weird cravings or aversions, only an insatiable appetite which suits me just fine - I think it's always been there, I'm just happy to indulge it now.  My little pumpkin needs the food to grow!  I know that as my body continues to grow that I will experience discomfort, that I will feel large as a barge.  I hope that I'll be able to stay positive and think about why I'm uncomfortable and focus on the extraordinary process that's happening inside of me.

Though I am doing well physically, I have been experiencing some parental impatience.  In just over two weeks we will have our first ultrasound.  I did not have an ultrasound to confirm my due date.  I have not yet seen our baby and I am itching with anticipation to see him or her swimming around in there.  To see that everything is in place.  To know whether our baby is he or she.

Every time I see a cute baby outfit (which is basically daily, thank you online shopping and Pinterest), I want to buy it.  I'm restraining myself...for now.  And the nursery!  Thank goodness that furniture is largely gender neutral - I've at least been able to pick out the baby's larger nursery goods.

Of course, I've still been planning two different nurseries in the meantime.  One for Baby Boy N and one for Baby Girl N.  A travel theme for Baby Boy N and a French/Parisienne theme for Baby Girl N. 

Here are some inspiration shots:



Travel theme for Baby Boy N

French theme for Baby Girl N

Aren't they both so sweet?  I'm loving the French idea and might incorporate some francophilia into the travel theme if our pumpkin is of the masculine variety.  What do you think?

You can see all of my nursery pins here.  Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. Travel theme....brother approved!

    French? Really? :) I think that Spain (food) is much more in line with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French for nursery, Spanish for food - and language. We must expose this child to many cultures and hopefully, travel destinations.

      Delete