9.11.2016

cozy season


It's official. I can't help myself. When the first cool breezes roll in at the end of August or beginning of September, I start thinking about pulling layers out of storage, wrapping up in a blanket, and the crunch of leaves under my feet. I start planning Halloween costumes and visits to orchards and dreaming of apple cider.

This weekend, my family gave into all of that and we spent Saturday morning at Sietsema's Orchards and my dreams of cider became a reality. A reality coupled with a warm apple cinnamon doughnut. And just like that, we are in full-on fall mode.

Thank goodness that my family is happy to participate in premature autumnal fun.






The kids love running around outdoors and seeing chickens is more exciting to them than anyone would guess it could be. Of course, Elia was more than excited about the doughnuts. But, take her advice and just eat one, "or your tummy will get sick". Good looking out, Elia.

It was a beautiful morning. Perfect to set the stage for all sorts of fall fun. I have to say, I think we're in for a great season. The kids are both at really fun ages and they're starting to really enjoy each others' company and become the sweetest sibling playmates.

Here's to a season of apples, booties, sweaters, football (that one's for you, Todd), cozy nights in, all of the chili and soup for dinner, and hopefully loads of fun throughout. How are you welcoming the coziest season?


No comments:

Post a Comment