9.02.2018

Hello again!

Wow, it's been over a year since I last posted. I'd say I can't believe it but I really can. It's been an incredibly busy and full year. I'm hoping to pick up posting again with some regularity but before I jump into that, I thought I'd give a little recap of what our life has looked like over the last year.


Noteworthy:
  1. The kids are now five and three. Elia started kindergarten this week and Wells starts preschool after Labor Day. They are growing up so fast, which I'll say from now until forever.
  2. We moved into our house last May. A year in, we absolutely love our neighborhood and our house really feels like home to us. We are so happy we made the move.
  3. I have been traveling like crazy over the last year. Since posting last, between work and play, I've been to Honduras four times, Denver, Texas twice, Atlanta, Florida, and we also went on our annual trips to Mackinac Island and this year, Todd and I snuck in a few days alone in the Upper Peninsula. It's been bananas but thankfully, I love to travel and Todd has graciously taken my work travel in stride and the kids have done great when I've been gone. I hope to share more about some of those trips in future posts, particularly the Florida trip I surprised Elia with for her spring break in April. 
  4. We've enjoyed lots of fun with our extended families, in particular when we acquired a sister-in-law/aunt who we love when Todd's brother got married last October, when his brothers and their families came to visit for Fourth of July, over the holidays, and with my brother, his wife, and our nephew being here for an extended visit this summer. It's so great for our kids to be able to spend time with their cousins, who all live far away, and we love that time, too.
  5. This summer has gone so quickly! We are soaking up what's left of it but ready to get into new fall routines.
That's a quick glimpse of what's been most notable in our lives over the last year plus. I'm looking forward to sharing more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment