3.23.2014

eleven months

At eleven months, I am in disbelief that our daughter is close to a year-old already. I've found myself becoming emotional as I remember the day she was born -  the emotions that arrived with the culmination of forty weeks of anticipation, the love that overwhelmed us the minute she was born, the exhaustion after laboring for 20 hours, and the wonder at the little person whose parents we got to become.

Since day one, that wonder has not let up and it continues to fill our days as Elia's first birthday draws near.


Her personality is starting to form and we are so thankful for a happy, content, curious daughter. She is independent at times, refusing help when she eats and playing on her own.

To my delight, her newborn love for snuggling seems to have returned.








She loves to explore her world, which we couldn't be happier about.


Eleven months is pretty remarkable so far.

Todd and I recently realized that we're no longer new parents. I've recently realized that I can no longer say that I just had a baby. We have much left to experience and learn but, we've hit a good groove. I have to give credit where it's due, Ms. Elia is just a dream.



We really hit a home run with this one. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.)

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment