5.04.2015

five cocktails for summer

I know that technically it's only spring but here in Michigan, we are having some very summer-like weather. Nothing says summer like relaxing on a deck with a nice, cold beverage in your hand. I've had to enjoy lemonade as my beverage of choice but after eight months sober, I'm really starting to look forward to enjoy a cocktail or two this summer.

In honor of those summer nights that are just around the corner, I've rounded up some cocktails that I can't to try this summer. Click through the links in the titles to try the recipes yourself.  Cheers!

1. Paloma from Jessy and Melissa

I've been dying to try a Paloma, which combines tequila and grapefruit. I've already declared it the drink of summer, sight unseen, err...drink undrank.


2. Blueberry Mojito Royale from Domesticate Me

What a beautiful cocktail and a mojito is always a winner in my book! And all of the antioxidants in the blueberries negate the alcohol, correct?


3. Lavender Collins Cocktail from Couture Craft

I love a touch of lavender in anything: shortbread cookies, lemonade, jam. It's such a delicate flavor that add something special to whatever it's in. Why not a cocktail? Plus, it's hard not to imagine yourself overlooking a French countryside when you consume lavender and talk about beautiful!



I love pineapple and I love margaritas, is there anything else to say? 



I fell in love with Champagne Mojitos when introduced by a friend when we were living in Costa Rica. In fact, I loved them so much that they served as one of our signature drinks at our wedding. These are so refreshing and festive and I can't wait to sip on one this summer.


I'm also looking forward to trying variations on this favorite of mine like this Champagne Grapefruit Mojito from Style Me Pretty Living and the Champagne Grapefruit Pineapple Mojito from Cooks with Cocktails.

For even more cocktail ideas, visit me "Drink Me" Pinterest board.

What cocktails are you looking forward to trying this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment