6.26.2015

picking berries

We decided that during my maternity leave Elia would continue on her normal schedule. We did this to provide with as much normalcy as possible while she gets used to having our attention split between her and her new brother, and also to help me out while I recover from having the babes. This means that on Monday through Thursday, Elia is either at school or with her grandma and on Fridays, both kids are home with me.

I have to admit, I get nervous about Fridays every week so far. Wells' schedule is unpredictable, Elia is a very busy toddler, and a full night's sleep seems like, well, a dream. To make things easier, I've had a play date and special day with Aunt Emily lined up on our last two Fridays but today our plans didn't work out. Since we had the morning free, I decided that it would be fun to get out of the house and go strawberry picking. 

A quick Google search later, we were headed to Krupps Farms, just north of the city. We started our berry picking adventure at the farm's petting zoo. 


Elia was excited to see the animals but a little intimidated. When I asked her if she wanted to pet them, she responded by saying, "I too busy. I too busy, Mom." Busy being chicken.


Good thing that rocking horse was friendly.

We headed to the you-pick strawberry fields next. After a car trunk diaper change for Wells, we were ready to pick some berries.



We grabbed a small container and went to work.



After picking as many berries as we thought we needed, Elia played taste tester.




Mmm, delicious! Elia approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment