10.04.2015

adventure room: chairish mix 'n chic style challenge

If you like vintage items you have to check out Chairish. It's a marketplace for vintage items - everything from furniture to home goods, even jewelry. Members can buy and sell items through the site and it's a great source for finding unique pieces that make a room your own.

I was recently asked by Chairish to participate in their Mix 'n Chic Style Challenge by creating a style board with some of their shabby chic items. I love the idea of mixing pieces from different design niches: shabby chic with modern, vintage with new, high end with bargain finds. A healthy mixture of styles can take your vision for a space from good to great.



Because baby boys are front and center in my life right now, I decided to imagine what Wells' toddler room might look like. His nursery has an outdoor adventure theme so I stuck with that. I'm a firm believer that kids rooms don't have to be obnoxiously colorful or overly cutesy but whimsy is always welcome so I picked some pieces that were really fun and others that I could see using in other parts of the house as well.


for chairish project


I immediately fell in love with a dresser on Chairish that had a graphic mountain scene painted on the front. I've never seen anything like it and it was the perfect starting point for this room. I also really loved the vintage boat oars. I painted three oars for Well's nursery wall and just love the depth they add to his room. 

For this project, I also added in items from Land of Nod, Target, Bla Bla Kids, and Etsy, some of my favorite go-to's for children's decor.

How do you like to mix styles? What are some of you go-to decor sources?




No comments:

Post a Comment