12.20.2015

holiday cheer: stocking stuffers

Everyone, it is Christmas week! Can you believe it? I have had so much fun shopping for the kids this year. Elia is at a great age where she is starting to understand the true story of Christmas and that this is a very special season. We went to visit Santa a few weeks ago and before that visit I asked her what she was going to ask Santa to bring her. She told me, "Angels and... Baby Jesuses." Sweet girl, that just warmed my heart.



Throughout the season, we will continue to share the good news that Baby Jesus has already come and that he wouldn't have fit in her stocking anyway. A few years ago, we went back and forth about whether or not we would be a family who "does" Santa and in the end decided we would. Opening stockings is one of my favorite traditions and I just love shopping for them. The best part is that you can fit great, inexpensive gifts for kids in their stockings.

If you're still looking for a few suggestions for your kids, here's a peek at what our kids are getting in their stockings this year. Thankfully, they're still too little to read the blog so no surprises ruined here! Many of these stocking stuffers are available on Amazon so if take advantage of your Prime account they can still get here before Christmas Eve.

Elia's Stocking:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 

Elia loves reading, accessorizing, and baths so her stocking reflects that.

1. The book Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett has received great reviews and I think she'll enjoy it, plus the illustrations are beautiful.

2. & 4. The bath crayons and bathtub fingerpaint soap are perfect because I love when she wants to be creative but try my hardest to control extra mess so any drawing or painting we can do in the tub is just what we need.

3. The pink necklace by Peppercorn Kids caught my eye ages ago at a local boutique and I decided she's finally at the right age to have her own.

5. She also learned how to tell jokes this year and knows exactly one ("Why did the chicken cross the road? [To get to the] other side!") so I figured adding in a book of knock knock jokes would be right up her alley.

Wells' Stocking:

1 / 2 / 3 4 / 5 6 


Wells' stocking is slightly more utilitarian.

1. He's getting Octopus Alone by Divya Srinivasan and it is just darling.

2. I've had my eye on the Bla Bla pretzel rattle since before he was born and now that he's sitting up and actually plays I think he'll really enjoy it.

3. He's also been enjoying trying solid food and the Bbox Traveling Bib zips into itself and comes with a spoon so will live in our diaper bag so we always have it available on the go.

4. The perforations in this sweet Skip Hop bee ball is perfect for his little hands and those nubby antennae should be a hit as he starts to teethe.

5. Speaking of teething, I'm certain that our drool monster will love the Comotomo teething toy - I'm expecting a tooth any day, maybe even before the new year!

6. Finally, I bought him a small print from Small Adventure to add to his nursery, it's camping/canoeing/adventure themed and I just love this print, it's just what I've been looking for to add to a small gallery wall I've been putting together.

Our immediate family will celebrate on Christmas Eve and I am so excited to watch both kids open their stockings. Happy elfing, everyone!

For more Christmas ideas, see the following posts:

Holiday Cheer: Home Decor
Holiday Cheer: Baby's First Christmas

What are you looking forward to getting in your stockings? 
What are your kids getting in their stockings?

No comments:

Post a Comment