2.22.2016

springtime vibes

The past few days have been gorgeous around these parts, I'm talking 50+ degrees on Friday, blue skies all weekend, and sun shining brightly. We are so used to long, grey, winters here in West Michigan and it is so energizing and refreshing to have a string of sunny days to break up the gloom many of us feel by February.

We spent more time outside in the last three days than we have in months, enjoying a walk around Reed's Lake, sunny Saturday errands, and a trip to the playground on Sunday. It. Was. Awesome. 



Of course, this is Michigan and chances are that it will get colder again and (heaven forbid) snow might even return. I am so hoping that this is an early start to spring, that groundhog did do whatever he's supposed to do (See his shadow? Not see his shadow? I can never remember...) in order to ensure an early spring so our fingers and toes are crossed.


If winter is not quite done with us, I believe the best way to rush spring along is by filling my home with flowers. A regular burst of color is so good for the soul after months of bundling up, dealing with snow and ice, and racing inside or to your car before you freeze. I've been displaying fresh flowers in my kitchen and in my living room for the past few weeks and they are an instant mood booster.  Since our house is largely neutral I've been choosing color - a mini bouquet of daffodils, fresh tulips, and a bouquet of spray roses, bringing the springtime vibe into our home. If you feel inspired to do the same, I've created a collection of springtime flowers for you on Pinterest.


If you need further inspiration, check out BloomNation. It's a marketplace for people to list, discover, and send unique bouquets handcrafted by local florists across the country. They can connect you with florists where you live or, if you want to send a gift, florists local to the area where you're sending the flowers. If that's not enough to convince you, check out this screen grab of their Instagram feed.


Beautiful, right?

You can with BloomNation via their website, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest accounts.

I'd love to hear how you bring life to your home during these long winter months, feel free to share in the comments. And join me in crossing your fingers than spring is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment