8.30.2015

back to work again

This is one of those posts that I've started writing and rewriting several times. On Wednesday I returned to work after my second maternity leave. I had mixed emotions as the day approached, as I'm sure many new moms do. I was sad to be leaving Wells, sad that someone else would be caring for him, sad that I'll inevitably start to miss out on things, and sad that I probably won't always be the first one to know when he starts doing something new. It's not easy to leave Wells just as his personality is really starting to shine through. (In case you're wondering - he is sweet, guys. Really sweet.)


At the same time, I am looking forward to getting back into a routine, to jumping into new projects at work. And then there's the feeling of guilt that nags when I acknowledge that I am choosing to work instead of staying at home with my babies. And that makes it hard to.


Being a working mom is tough for so many reasons. Being a stay at home mom is tough, too. Both have their own challenges and I have to give a lot of credit to the moms who do stay home full time. I have loved both of my maternity leaves and I am so grateful that I have been able to work our a schedule that allows me to spend every Friday at home with them. That makes going back to work easier than the first time too.



The kids are taking to their new schedules like champs and this week will be our first full week of what will be our normal schedules. I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road but we'll get the hang of it. Until then, I so appreciate everyone's support and kindness as I return to work. Wish us luck and say a little prayer that all goes smoothly this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment