11.07.2015

spooky fun

I decided a while back that I wanted to make a big deal out of holidays for my kids. It's fun to do and holiday themes are a nice way to pepper the day to day with something to get excited about. Elia couldn't have been more excited about Halloween and Wells just thought it had something to do with playing peekaBOO all day long so he was pleased.


Our parents came over to go to a trunk or treat with us then hang out while we passed out candy to trick-or-treaters. Elia was so pumped about her party and practiced trick-or-treating for a week ahead of it. She kept asking when the trick-or-treaters were going to come to her house. Soon enough, Guapa, soon enough.

This year, Elia dressed up as cotton candy and Wells was a sweet little zebra. I racked my brain for a good brother/sister theme costume but all of my favorite ideas didn't pan out. Next year, the Neckers siblings will might bring a strong themed look. Maybe.


Aren't they sweet? Little loves.


Thankfully the trunk or treat was moved indoors due to the cold, rainy conditions. Frankly, that's my preference anyway, it's so much easier, perfect for toddlers. We were happy to run into the Huet family at trunk or treat. Parker's Spiderman hands were perfect!

After a speedy trunk or treat, we headed back home to have dinner while we passed out candy.


I had so much fun getting ready for Elia's party. She and I made chocolate covered pretzel with Halloween sprinkles and I also made lollipop ghosts, popcorn cups with googly eyes, and orange and black fruit skewers (Melon and blackberries - genius. Thank you, Pinterest!). Pizza was our main dish because it's no fuss, perfect for a night like Halloween. 

The Target Halloween section was pretty good this year and I just loved these little spooky face bottle clings I found there.

The flow of trick-or-treaters at our house was light but we made the best of us. Elia wanted more and more trick-or-treaters to come and at one point, each of us exited the house through the side door and came around to solicit candy from Elia. She thought that was pretty silly.

All in all, we had a great Halloween. I can't wait for next year when both kids will be able to run around! I hope you all had a fun-filled Halloween as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment