11.13.2015

summoned by name

On Sunday, we celebrated Wells' baptism. We formally welcomed him into the body of Christ amongst family members and in front of our congregation.

It was a special morning as we committed to raising Wells in the Christian faith and our family and church family committed to supporting us in doing so.


Elia even joined us in church for his baptism, which was an adventure that went more smoothly than I expected. What a joy it was to share in his baptism as a family.



Following tradition, he was baptized in the same gown that I, my siblings, and Elia were all baptized in over the last thirty-four years, made with love by my late maternal grandmother and hand embroidered by my mom.

After the baptism, we enjoyed a lovely brunch hosted by Todd's parents. Many family members were able to attend, some of whom hadn't met Wells yet. I was glad to introduce them but Wells found baptism quite exhausting and only made a brief appearance during the celebration. Even so, we had a lovely time catching up and enjoying fellowship with one another.


But now, this is what the Lord says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine. - Isaiah 43:

Welcome, Wells Robert, to the church. My hope is that my children's faith grows as they do, that they know what it means to be a child of God, and that they find hope and purpose in that. We are so grateful to be surrounded by people who support us in this and will help guide us and our children along the way. What a beautiful day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment