1.08.2016

reading list + book club reboot?

I fancy myself a reader but the truth is, I don't take as much time to read as I used to. I have a dear friend who read hundreds of books every year, she's amazing and I aspire to join her in the hundreds club one day but until then, I'm hoping to fit in at least 10-15 books this year.

I'm currently reading China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan, a very light read, which is the follow up to Crazy Rich Asians, an equally light and playful read that I finished a few weeks ago.


After I finish that up, here are some ideas for my next read:


I'd love to hear if you've read any of these books or if you have any can't-miss suggestions. I especially adore historical fiction but also have a soft spot for contemporary fiction such as anything by Liane Moriarty.

A group of girls and I once started up a book club, it lasted for a few months but just became an excuse to get together, which is great too. It waned with time but I keep thinking that it would be fun
to start up again, maybe a virtual edition since everyone is so busy these days? If anyone has tried that, I'd love to hear thoughts on how it's worked for you and if you'd be interested in joining.

Happy reading, please share what books you're looking forward to reading this year in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love Liane Moriarty! I've read three of her books, though I haven't yet read The Last Anniversary.

    I've done a virtual book club for just one book, and it was okay, but I much prefer "real life" get-togethers. It's hard to communicate sometimes in writing because of the lack of inflections... maybe that's just me.

    Also, instead of setting aside a few hours to get together and chat, the discussion ends up being dragged out over the course of a few weeks, as everyone adds snippets on their own time; which could be good or bad, depending on personal preference.

    ReplyDelete